DNA Prep Academy offers a rolling admissions process, apply as soon as possible for priority consideration for students who are applying for financial aid. We take a whole-student approach to our acceptance process and acceptance is based on several main criteria, including academic grades, an interview or audition, a demonstrable commitment to developing artistically or athletically, teacher recommendations, and an assessment test. Prospective students and their families are encouraged to take advantage of as many virtual events and to apply as early as possible to ensure that a seat in the class is available.
Fall 2022 Enrollment Begins November 1st
Criteria for Acceptance into DNA for Students entering grades 1-8:
- Completed application for Admission as soon as possible for priority consideration if financial aid is being requested.
- A $100 non-refundable application fee
- Official transcripts for academic work completed the last two years if entering grades 3- 5, including state test/previous independent school score reports, discipline, and attendance, otherwise submit previous school year transcripts
- Original Birth Certificate
- Submit two letters of recommendation, 1 must be from a current teacher/administrator. Letters can also be obtained from a current school administrator, athletic coach and/or visual/performing art instructor.
- Complete a Family Interview; To be scheduled once a complete application has been submitted
- Photograph of Applicant
- Complete the academic baseline assessment process to be completed virtually by remote with online proctor monitoring (Gr 1-8). The purpose of this process is to inform teacher instruction and personalize student learning. Once your application has been submitted, you will receive an appointment for testing with instructions. Please call the office if your student will not be able to access the assessment remotely
- Current Immunization Records
Additional Criteria for Acceptance into DNA for Students Entering Grades 6-8
Step 1: Complete and submit the application, non-refundable application fee of $100 and all supporting materials as soon as possible for priority consideration if financial aid is being requested.
Step 2: After receipt of your completed application and payment, the school will notify you by email of your exact interview and audition date and time. NOTE: To maintain Covid-19 compliance, all interviews and auditions will be held virtually based on school availability.
Step 3: The interview/Audition Preparation Packet supporting material (i.e. Athletic performance film or Visual/Performing Art portfolio) must be completed and submitted prior to your interview/audition. Even as appointments are virtual, please be on time for interview/audition. Students who log in late or who miss their appointment will need to Reschedule.
Step 4: DNA will notify students by email and in writing of portfolio review and audition results within 6 weeks after the portfolio submission and audition has been completed.
Step 5: If accepted to DNA, the parent/guardian will be sent an acceptance letter and an email link to obtain your registration packet (hardcopy registration packets are available upon request). The parent/guardian must fully complete the registration packet and the student and parent must sign the student/parent contract.
Step 6: Both the registration packet and the student/parent contract must be fully completed and returned in person to DNA by the parent/guardian in order for the student to be registered at the school. The registration packet needs to be returned by the final registration deadline. If this deadline is missed your child risks being put on the wait list if classes have filled.
Step 7: If the student is not accepted during the current school year, the student may interview/audition again the following school year. DNA requires submission of a new Application and supporting materials each year. A confirmed interview/audition time will be sent to you after we have received all completed paperwork. If you are applying for financial aid, we must receive your completed application as soon as possible for priority consideration for you to be scheduled for a 2022-23 school year interview/audition.